BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — Simon Cowell will be back in front of the cameras for “America’s Got Talent” next season.
Cowell, who created the show’s format in Britain, is returning for his second round as a judge, NBC said Tuesday.
He’ll be reunited with Mel B, Heidi Klum and Howie Mandel, who’s the longest-serving judge with seven seasons behind him. Nick Cannon will be back as host.
NBC Entertainment Chairman Robert Greenblatt said Cowell’s addition has boosted the panel’s chemistry. The talent show is drawing more viewers this summer than over the last five seasons, the network said.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- How to visit museums and more for free or for cheap in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- 8 terrific museum exhibits to see in the Seattle area in fall 2021
The tart-tongued Cowell first made his reputation on U.S. television as a judge on “American Idol.”