NEW YORK (AP) — Sheila E., D’Angelo, The Roots and Janelle Monae will pay tribute to Prince at this month’s BET Awards.
The performers will honor The Purple One on June 26 at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles, the network announced Tuesday.
After Madonna — with the help of Stevie Wonder — paid tribute to Prince at last month’s Billboard Music Awards, BET tweeted: “Yeah, we saw that. Don’t worry. We Got You.”
Sheila E. was once engaged to Prince. Monae was mentored by Prince and they collaborated on her 2013 album.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- How to visit museums and more for free or for cheap in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- 8 terrific museum exhibits to see in the Seattle area in fall 2021
Prince died April 21 of an accidental overdose of fentanyl, a powerful opioid painkiller.
Drake is the top nominee at the BET Awards with nine nominations; Beyonce and Rihanna have five nominations each.