Actress Shannen Doherty has shaved her head amid a battle with breast cancer.
Doherty posted several pictures on Instagram on Tuesday night showing her in various stages of cutting off her hair. She preceded the series of photos with one showing hair clippers, a cupcake pan and a box of chocolates. In the caption she added, “#cancersucks.”
Doherty’s cancer was publicly revealed in a lawsuit filed against her former business managers last year. She claimed they mismanaged her money and allowed her health insurance to lapse. She said she didn’t go to the doctor until she had insurance and there was a delay in diagnosing the cancer.
The 45-year-old Doherty is best known for her role as Brenda Walsh on “Beverly Hills, 90210.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 10 movies to look forward to in fall 2021
- Exciting new art exhibitions are coming to the Seattle area in fall 2021. Here's what to see
- Now streaming: 'Y: The Last Man,' 'The Lost Symbol,' 'The Boss Baby' sequel and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- 16 of the hottest shows to catch in Seattle's stacked fall 2021 concert calendar