Saturday’s Child profiles children in the Northwest Adoption Exchange, a Seattle-based nonprofit for children with special needs who are in state foster care in Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Idaho.
Name, age: Sean, 12.
Background: Sean is a sweet, engaging, eager-to-please boy with a good sense of humor. He loves family pets, especially dogs, and enjoys board games, art projects, building blocks, toy cars and stuffed animals. Sean functions like a much younger child and needs adult supervision and guidance. He gets along well with his peers and is successful at school in a classroom for children with developmental and behavioral needs and some general education classes.
Needed: Active family with consistent, stable home where Sean would be the youngest child, with strong advocacy skills to connect him with resources to reach his full potential.
Contact: Northwest Adoption Exchange, 206-441-6822 or www.nwae.org.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town