Saturday’s Child profiles children in the Northwest Adoption Exchange, a Seattle-based nonprofit for children with special needs who are in state foster care in Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Idaho.
Name, age: Parker, 11 months old.
Background: Parker thrives on attention and loves to be snuggled and cuddled. She shows contentment while being swaddled and held, though she hasn’t yet developed the ability to smile. Her medical specialists feel that she’s making progress, though she will always need a high level of care because of her many special needs.
Needed: Patient, loving family, couple or single parent, with a stay-at-home parent, able to keep up with many medical appointments and advocate for Parker’s ongoing needs.
Contact: Northwest Adoption Exchange, 206-441-6822 or www.nwae.org.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- How to visit museums and more for free or for cheap in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- 8 terrific museum exhibits to see in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Official: Reality TV star sentenced for Ponzi scheme, fraud