Saturday’s Child profiles children in the Northwest Adoption Exchange, a Seattle-based nonprofit for children with special needs who are in state foster care in Washington, Oregon, Alaska and Idaho.
Name, age: Cameron, 2.
Background: Cameron is a sweet, gentle boy who thrives on attention and cuddling. He enjoys people, music and the company of other children. He’s defied the expectations of medical specialists who have treated his significant medical complications since birth. Cameron babbles but is nonverbal and receives physical therapy to help him learn to sit up without assistance. He has hearing and visual impairments, a ventilator for chronic respiratory failure and is fed through a tube, among other issues.
Needed: Nurturing, loving two-parent family with a stay-at-home parent who live near a major hospital, have a strong support system and are able to manage 24/7 nursing care at home and frequent medical appointments.
Contact: Northwest Adoption Exchange, 206-441-6822 or www.nwae.org.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- How to visit museums and more for free or for cheap in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- 8 terrific museum exhibits to see in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Official: Reality TV star sentenced for Ponzi scheme, fraud