NEW YORK (AP) — “Saturday Night Live” and “Ghostbusters” star Leslie Jones gets emotional around Whoopi Goldberg.
Jones thanked the co-host of “The View” on Thursday’s show and said she “cried so hard” when she saw Goldberg on TV for the first time.
Jones said seeing a black woman gave her the confidence that she could be on TV one day, too. She said she loves Goldberg for what she’s done for black women and black comedians.
Jones said she knows her appearance in the “Ghostbusters” reboot also will make her an inspiration to little girls.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- Amor Towles follows 2 brothers on an epic road trip in fine new novel ‘The Lincoln Highway’
The all-female “Ghostbusters” opens nationwide Friday.