NEW YORK (AP) — Sara Bareilles, Rebel Wilson, Darren Criss, Norm Lewis, John Stamos, Tituss Burgess will sing along with the film “The Little Mermaid” for a one-night-only event this summer at the Hollywood Bowl.
The June 4 sing-along with a live orchestra will feature Bareilles as the mermaid Ariel, Wilson as the evil sea witch Ursula. Criss will play Prince Eric, Stamos will be Chef Louis, Lewis plays King Triton and Burgess will play Sebastian, the same role he played on Broadway in the musical adaptation.
Tickets go on sale on Saturday.
“I’ve been pretending I was Ariel in swimming pools since I was a little girl, and now I get to pretend on a bigger stage,” said Bareilles, who has written the songs for the Broadway show “Waitress.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Now streaming: sci-fi epic 'Foundation,' 'The Wonder Years' revival, 'F9' and more
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Better Business Bureau warns consumers about upcoming Van Gogh event in Seattle