NEW YORK (AP) — The Irish Repertory Theatre has tapped a star of the Emerald Isle to host a gala benefit performance of “Finian’s Rainbow” — Saoirse Ronan.
The theater said Monday that the star of the film “Brooklyn” who is currently on Broadway in “The Crucible” will host the concert at The Town Hall on June 13.
The show will feature performances by Melissa Errico, Malcolm Gets, David Staller, Max Von Essen, Jim Norton and a full chorus, with additional casting to be announced. Ballet superstar Megan Fairchild will dance the role of Susan the Silent.
The gala, celebrating the Irish Rep’s return home to 22nd Street, will honor Ellen McCourt, a board chair for the past 10 years. Single tickets start at $100.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- Seattle Arts Commission co-chairs resign citing Durkan's 'lack of process' in appointing a new acting ARTS director
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle