LOS ANGELES (AP) — The Robert Cray Band with guest guitarists Sonny Landreth and Roy Gaines will offer a special tribute to the late blues legend B.B. King at the 2016 Playboy Jazz Festival.
The Los Angeles Philharmonic announced the lineup Tuesday for the 38th annual Playboy festival, scheduled for the weekend of June 11-12 at the Hollywood Bowl with George Lopez returning as host.
Other headliners include the smooth jazz group Fourplay celebrating its 25th anniversary, “Late Night” bandleader Jon Batiste and Stay Human, and Los Van Van.
Among those making their Playboy debuts will be singers Seth MacFarlane, Cecile McLorin Salvant and Janelle Monae; The Bad Plus with saxophonist Joshua Redman; and 12-year-old Indonesian pianist Joey Alexander, who received a standing ovation at last month’s Grammy Awards.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- 'A big gray elephant': Paris' Arc de Triomphe is wrapped up
- Netflix's 'The Queen's Gambit' said the first female grandmaster 'never faced men.' Now she's suing.