LOS ANGELES (AP) — Richard Simmons says dehydration is the reason for his recent hospital stay.
USA Today reports the 67-year-old fitness guru said in a statement through his publicist Sunday that he was “dehydrated and needed some fluids” and that he’s now “feeling great!”
TMZ had reported Friday that Simmons had been hospitalized.
The New York Daily News reported in March that friends of Simmons told the newspaper that they feared he was being held captive at his home by his live-in housekeeper.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
- 'A big gray elephant': Paris' Arc de Triomphe is wrapped up
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Netflix's 'The Queen's Gambit' said the first female grandmaster 'never faced men.' Now she's suing.
Simmons responded to the report by explaining to “Entertainment Tonight” that he was purposefully staying out of the public eye saying, “this is how I want to live my life right now.”