MOSCOW (AP) — Russian news reports say police in Moscow suspect a British dancer with the renowned Bolshoi Ballet of possessing cocaine.
Channel REN TV said officers stopped Oscar Frame in the Russian capital on Monday. The channel’s report said the officers became suspicious the dancer had drugs on him when he allegedly headed in another direction after spotting them.
The Bolshoi declined to comment to The Associated Press on Wednesday night. It wasn’t clear if Frame was in custody.
Frame is one of the few non-Russians in the Bolshoi’s ballet corps. Russian media describe him as a promising performer.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Mercer Island resident who was in 'Wizard of Oz' reminisces about Judy Garland and working on film
- The Head and the Heart announce free concert in Seattle
- 'After the Wedding' review: Julianne Moore, Michelle Williams lift up soapy remake WATCH
- The Head and the Heart are taking over a Seattle landmark Sunday. What inspired the free concert?
- Now streaming: 'Mission: Impossible — Fallout,' 'American Factory,' 'The Hustle'
He graduated from the Vaganova Ballet Academy in St. Petersburg in 2017.