MOSCOW (AP) — Russian news reports say police in Moscow suspect a British dancer with the renowned Bolshoi Ballet of possessing cocaine.
Channel REN TV said officers stopped Oscar Frame in the Russian capital on Monday. The channel’s report said the officers became suspicious the dancer had drugs on him when he allegedly headed in another direction after spotting them.
The Bolshoi declined to comment to The Associated Press on Wednesday night. It wasn’t clear if Frame was in custody.
Frame is one of the few non-Russians in the Bolshoi’s ballet corps. Russian media describe him as a promising performer.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Biden hires strategist Symone Sanders, adds diversity to bid
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’ review: a stunning, stirring, superfun send-off WATCH
- Watch: Brandi Carlile and Dave Grohl busk at Seattle's Pike Place Market
- The last family-owned video store in Seattle — Reckless Video — is on the verge of closing
- Harry and Meghan: Newest royal baby could be an American VIEW
He graduated from the Vaganova Ballet Academy in St. Petersburg in 2017.