MIAMI (AP) — The female star of a reality television show along with a former rapper will be leading the football program at Miami’s Jackson High School.
The Miami Herald (http://hrld.us/1PzpThw ) reports Lakatriona Brunson will become the first woman high school head coach in Florida. She has gained attention recently for her role in the truTV series “South Beach Tow.” She’s a driver and assistant manager for Tremont Towing, which is portrayed in the series.
Joining her on the football field will be Luther Campbell, who was the head man of the rap group 2 Live Crew in the 1980s and 90s. He’s served as defensive coordinator recently at several other Miami high schools.
Brunson says when former coach Earl Little stepped down, she thought “why can’t I do it?” She played for the Miami Fury in the Independent Women’s Football League.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Seattle Arts Commission co-chairs resign citing Durkan's 'lack of process' in appointing a new acting ARTS director