NEW YORK (AP) — Curtis Jackson, better known as rapper 50 Cent, is making a variety television series for the A&E Network.
A&E said Thursday it is developing a sketch comedy and music series named “50 Cent Presents.” The star said he grew up watching variety shows on television and is anxious to bring his own spin to the project.
Elaine Frontain Bryant, head of programming for A&E, said Jackson is a true tastemaker across several different industries and the network wants to see what type of talent he can attract.
Jackson will serve as the executive producer of the series.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Fall Arts 2021 | Your guide to the Seattle area’s most interesting shows, concerts, exhibits and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder