CHICAGO (AP) — Radiohead, the Red Hot Chili Peppers and LCD Soundsystem are among the acts that will play in Chicago for the 25th anniversary of the Lollapalooza music festival.
The lineup was released early Wednesday on Lollapalooza’s website. It also includes Lana Del Rey, Ellie Goulding and Lollapalooza founder Perry Farrell’s band Jane’s Addiction.
The festival will start Thursday, July 28, and run through Sunday, July 31. Organizers added a fourth day this year to mark the anniversary. There will be more than 170 musical performances.
Farrell started Lollapalooza in 1991, which was a tour until 1997. It was on hiatus from 1998 to 2003, and the 2004 event was canceled because of poor ticket sales. In 2005, it found a home in Chicago’s Grant Park.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town