A tweet from Sony Pictures’ “Ghostbusters” account that many interpreted as an endorsement of Hillary Clinton has disappeared as quickly as a phantom.
The studio tweeted “Boo-yah, we smashed your glass ceiling,” on Thursday after Clinton became the first woman to lead a major U.S. political party. The message also had the hashtag “ImWithHer,” a Clinton campaign motto.
By Friday, it had been deleted. A spokeswoman for Sony told the Los Angeles Times that the tweet “was never intended to be a political endorsement.”
The all-female version of “Ghostbusters” stars Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig, Kate McKinnon and Leslie Jones as a ghost-fighting foursome. It has become a lightning rod to some, in part for the gender of its paranormal pursuers.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
- 'A big gray elephant': Paris' Arc de Triomphe is wrapped up
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Netflix's 'The Queen's Gambit' said the first female grandmaster 'never faced men.' Now she's suing.