SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Police say a Utah teenager crashed into another car when she covered her eyes as part of the so-called “Bird Box Challenge.”
Layton police Lt. Travis Lyman said Friday that the 17-year-old drifted into oncoming traffic and hit another car after she pulled a hat over her eyes to emulate “Bird Box,” a Sandra Bullock movie on Netflix where characters must be constantly blindfolded to avoid visions that urge them to die.
Videos of people trying to do things while blindfolded have attracted widespread attention online, and Netflix tweeted a warning about the challenge last week.
No one was hurt in the Monday crash north of Salt Lake City.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Come behind the scenes with us as 'American Ninja Warrior' makes its Pacific Northwest debut WATCH
- 'The Quiet One' review: Shining a light on bassist Bill Wyman of the Rolling Stones WATCH
- Meet the 'American Ninja Warriors' with Washington state ties who'll be swinging around the Tacoma Dome VIEW
- How the witch in 'Wicked,' at Seattle's Paramount Theatre, gets so green
- 'Save the Showbox' effort dealt big blow, as judge strikes down temporary protection
Lyman says it should serve as a warning he never thought he’d have to give: Don’t drive while blindfolded.