SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Police say a Utah teenager crashed into another car when she covered her eyes as part of the so-called “Bird Box Challenge.”
Layton police Lt. Travis Lyman said Friday that the 17-year-old drifted into oncoming traffic and hit another car after she pulled a hat over her eyes to emulate “Bird Box,” a Sandra Bullock movie on Netflix where characters must be constantly blindfolded to avoid visions that urge them to die.
Videos of people trying to do things while blindfolded have attracted widespread attention online, and Netflix tweeted a warning about the challenge last week.
No one was hurt in the Monday crash north of Salt Lake City.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 'Super Troopers' stars set their new firefighter comedy, 'Tacoma FD,' in our region. Why?
- 7 new Seattle albums you need to hear
- Macklemore, Mike McCready to perform during Mariners home opener at T-Mobile Park
- 'Gloria Bell' review: Julianne Moore gives a quietly shining performance WATCH
- 'The Hummingbird Project' review: Solid acting helps complicated high-finance tale take wing WATCH
Lyman says it should serve as a warning he never thought he’d have to give: Don’t drive while blindfolded.