MIAMI BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A member of the R&B group Pretty Ricky faces a DUI charge in Miami Beach.
According to a police report, Marcus Ramone Cooper was speeding over 100 mph (160 kph) Friday when he was stopped. The report says the singer known as Pleasure P “reeked of alcohol” and refused to perform sobriety tests. Breath tests showed Cooper’s blood alcohol level was twice Florida’s legal limit.
Cooper told officers he was celebrating his birthday and asked them to call his attorney, the singer Flo Rida and retired NBA star Shaquille O’Neal.
The “Love & Hip Hop Miami” cast member was charged with DUI, driving with a suspended license, reckless driving and resisting arrest. He was released from Miami-Dade County jail Friday.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 'Super Troopers' stars set their new firefighter comedy, 'Tacoma FD,' in our region. Why?
- 7 new Seattle albums you need to hear
- Macklemore, Mike McCready to perform during Mariners home opener at T-Mobile Park
- 'Gloria Bell' review: Julianne Moore gives a quietly shining performance WATCH
- 'The Hummingbird Project' review: Solid acting helps complicated high-finance tale take wing WATCH
Cooper’s booking agent didn’t immediately respond to an email Saturday.