LOS ANGELES (AP) — Pharrell has a new reason to be “Happy.”
Clive Davis is honoring the “Happy” and “Freedom” singer-songwriter with his Legend in Songwriting Award.
Pharrell is scheduled to receive the honor from the veteran music executive at the 12th annual Songs of Hope event on Sept. 15. The annual event benefits the City of Hope, a research and treatment center for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases in Duarte, California.
Other award recipients will include singer-songwriter Mike Posner and “The Jungle Book” and “Mother’s Day” composer John Debney.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- List of Emmy winners includes Jean Smart, 'Ted Lasso' actors
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival
Burt Bacharach, Lukasz “Dr. Luke” Gottwald and Kenneth “Babyface” Edmonds are among the previous winners of Davis’ Legend in Songwriting Award.