LOS ANGELES (AP) — People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals is celebrating Prince’s birthday with a free download of his pro-vegan song, “Animal Kingdom.”
PETA said Friday the song will be available through Prince’s June 7 birthday to highlight the late singer’s longtime support of animal rights. Prince donated the song to PETA for its 20th anniversary in 1999.
The song includes the lyrics, “We’re all members of the animal kingdom. Leave your brothers and sisters in the sea.”
Autopsy results released Thursday show Prince’s death in April at age 57 was from an accidental overdose of the prescription painkiller fentanyl.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- 'A big gray elephant': Paris' Arc de Triomphe is wrapped up
- Netflix's 'The Queen's Gambit' said the first female grandmaster 'never faced men.' Now she's suing.
Prince’s ex-wife Mayte Garcia is working with PETA to encourage Prince fans to celebrate his birthday by “go(ing) vegan to see how much better they feel and to honor his kind legacy.”