NEW YORK (AP) — Paramount Pictures has announced a fourth “Star Trek” film with Chris Hemsworth returning to the rebooted franchise.
The studio said Monday the next chapter in the sci-fi saga will focus on Chris Pine’s Captain Kirk crossing paths with the father he never met. Hemsworth, who appeared in the 2009 “Star Trek,” will reprise his role as Kirk’s father, George Kirk.
No title or release date was announced.
The third film the series, “Star Trek Beyond,” hits theaters Friday. In that film, “Fast & Furious” director Justin Lin takes over for J.J. Abrams. No director was announced for the next “Star Trek” sequel.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle's Ken Jennings and Mayim Bialik to host 'Jeopardy!' … for now. Is that the right call?
- How to visit museums and more for free or for cheap in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- 8 terrific museum exhibits to see in the Seattle area in fall 2021
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Official: Reality TV star sentenced for Ponzi scheme, fraud