AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke will head to New York next month for a live interview with Oprah Winfrey as he continues to mull a 2020 presidential run.
O’Rourke will be part of “Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations from Times Square” on Feb. 5. He’ll speak to Winfrey one-on-one as part of an event featuring others, including actors Bradley Cooper and Michael B. Jordan.
O’Rourke, 46, rose to national Democratic prominence while nearly unseating Republican Sen. Ted Cruz in deep red-Texas last November.
Despite other top Democrats taking steps to likely join the 2020 presidential race, O’Rourke’s camp suggests he won’t make up his mind for at least a few more weeks.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Q13 Fox staffer fired after TV station airs altered Trump video WATCH
- Not even a goodbye: KIRO abruptly cancels 'The Ron & Don Show'
- New on Netflix in January 2019: 'Ant-Man and the Wasp,' 'Incredibles 2,' 'Black Earth Rising' and 'Solo: A Star Wars Story'
- Tacoma Art Museum opens new Benaroya wing VIEW
- Seattle-area events will commemorate Martin Luther King Jr. through music, inspiration and action on Monday
Winfrey herself has been the subject of 2020 chatter, but has said she doesn’t plan to run.