AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke will head to New York next month for a live interview with Oprah Winfrey as he continues to mull a 2020 presidential run.
O’Rourke will be part of “Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations from Times Square” on Feb. 5. He’ll speak to Winfrey one-on-one as part of an event featuring others, including actors Bradley Cooper and Michael B. Jordan.
O’Rourke, 46, rose to national Democratic prominence while nearly unseating Republican Sen. Ted Cruz in deep red-Texas last November.
Despite other top Democrats taking steps to likely join the 2020 presidential race, O’Rourke’s camp suggests he won’t make up his mind for at least a few more weeks.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- ZooTunes summer concert lineup 2019 taking shape
- 'Super Troopers' stars set their new firefighter comedy, 'Tacoma FD,' in our region. Why?
- Seattle Opera to become 1 of only 2 big opera companies in the U.S. led by a woman
- ‘Us’ review: Jordan Peele’s gripping horror-film follow-up to ‘Get Out’ is scary as hell WATCH
- K-pop star Jung Joon-young arrested in sex video scandal
Winfrey herself has been the subject of 2020 chatter, but has said she doesn’t plan to run.