AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Former Texas Rep. Beto O’Rourke will head to New York next month for a live interview with Oprah Winfrey as he continues to mull a 2020 presidential run.
O’Rourke will be part of “Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations from Times Square” on Feb. 5. He’ll speak to Winfrey one-on-one as part of an event featuring others, including actors Bradley Cooper and Michael B. Jordan.
O’Rourke, 46, rose to national Democratic prominence while nearly unseating Republican Sen. Ted Cruz in deep red-Texas last November.
Despite other top Democrats taking steps to likely join the 2020 presidential race, O’Rourke’s camp suggests he won’t make up his mind for at least a few more weeks.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- At historic Royal Esquire Club, members add new energy amid a changing Seattle
- 'No-No Boy' went from unknown book to classic thanks to UW Press and Asian American writers. Now, it's at the center of a controversy.
- Thinking of going to Ashland for Oregon Shakespeare Festival? Here's what to see and where to sleep and eat.
- 9 movies, including 'Men in Black: International,' open June 14; our reviewers weigh in
- Meghan and Harry release Father's Day photo of baby Archie
Winfrey herself has been the subject of 2020 chatter, but has said she doesn’t plan to run.