NEW YORK (AP) — Naomi Judd has opened up about her battle with depression.
She tells ABC’s “Good Morning America” in an interview broadcast Tuesday that she has been diagnosed with severe depression and has spent time in psychiatric hospitals. She says she is confronting lingering issues from her childhood as part of her therapy, including being molested by a relative when she was 3.
She also says she is close with her youngest daughter, actress Ashley Judd. But Judd says she’s “a little estranged” from Wynonna, her daughter and partner in the country music duo The Judds. She says she and Wynonna are currently taking a break from one another.
Naomi Judd is promoting her new memoir, “River of Time.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
- 'A big gray elephant': Paris' Arc de Triomphe is wrapped up
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Netflix's 'The Queen's Gambit' said the first female grandmaster 'never faced men.' Now she's suing.