The first half of the massive Upstream Music Fest + Summit lineup includes some names you already know, and others you’ll discover.
Flying Lotus, AlunaGeorge, Shabazz Palaces, Snarky Puppy and Beat Connection are headlining the inaugural Upstream Music Fest + Summit, to be held May 11-13 around Pioneer Square.
The three-day festival will ultimately include more than 200 acts playing across 25 stages. The first half of that list is below.
Upstream is a collaboration among philanthropist and music geek Paul Allen, radio station KEXP and the Alliance for Pioneer Square. Its aim is to nurture emerging artists, while showcasing established acts.
“Our lineup celebrates the Northwest,” Upstream curator Meli Darby said in a statement. “We aren’t defined by one genre or style, but by the diversity of our regional sound.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- What's there to do in Seattle this weekend? Star Wars 5K, Snoqualmie Valley wine tour and more
- The beloved 'Harlem Nutcracker' bankrupted choreographer Donald Byrd's earlier company. Two decades later, he's bringing it back.
- New on Hulu in December 2019: 'Reprisal,' 'Runaways,' 'Into the Dark,' 'Bumblebee'
- Ahamefule J. Oluo’s earlier show played off-Broadway. Now he’s back with 'Susan,' a new show about his mom.
- 'The Aeronauts' review: Up, up and away on a pretty, sweet hot-air-balloon adventure WATCH
By day, some 200 artists will gather at the CenturyLink Field Event Center with music professionals, technologists and creatives to talk about how to succeed in the industry. There will be interactive keynotes, breakout sessions, cross-industry discussions and mentoring workshops for local artists.
In the evening, the artists will perform in more than 25 spaces and venues throughout Pioneer Square and CenturyLink Field’s North Lot.
The final lineup will be announced this spring. For now, the first dizzying, diverse round is as follows:
Mike McCready & Friends
The Flavr Blue
Ayron Jones & The Way
The Grizzled Mighty
Brent Amaker and The Rodeo
Brothers From Another
Budo & Kris Orlowski
Astro King Phoenix
Ayo Dot & The Uppercuts
Birch Pereira & the Gin Joints
Boots to the Moon
Eldridge Gravy & The Court Supreme
Lonely Mountain Lovers
Naomi Moon Siegel
Steal Shit Do Drugs
Taylar Elizza Beth
The Cold 102’s
The Last Artful, Dodgr
The Spider Ferns
The Warren G. Hardings
Wayne Horvitz’ Electric Circus
Year of Death