LEWISVILLE, Texas (AP) — Management for rapper Yella Beezy says he remains hospitalized after being shot while driving on a highway in Texas.
Police told The Dallas Morning News that the rapper, whose real name is Deandre Conway, was driving early Sunday on the Sam Rayburn Tollway in Lewisville when someone in a vehicle pulled up next to him and opened fire. He was struck three times.
Police said he was discharged from the hospital Monday. However, his management told the newspaper later that he remains hospitalized.
Capt. Dan Rochelle says police have not determined a motive, and no arrests have been made.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle’s historic Coliseum Theater, old Banana Republic store to get new life
- Gwyneth Paltrow's lawyer calls Utah ski collision story ‘BS’ VIEW
- 'John Wick: Chapter 4' review: Keanu Reeves returns in this bloody, thrilling sequel WATCH
- Seattle's Lusty Lady building finds new owner. Here are his plans
- Brooke Shields speaks up about the Hollywood executive she says sexually assaulted her
Lewisville is a suburb in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.
Yella Beezy opened for Beyonce and Jay-Z when their tour stopped near Dallas in September.
Information from: The Dallas Morning News, http://www.dallasnews.com