LOS ANGELES (AP) — Queen and Adam Lambert are launching a six-week North American tour following the release of the Freddie Mercury biopic “Bohemian Rhapsody.”
Live Nation announced the 23-date tour Monday. It will feature original band members Brian May and Roger Taylor with Adam Lambert singing lead. It will kick off in Vancouver, British Columbia, on July 10. It will end in Charlotte, North Carolina, on Aug. 23. Other venues include Los Angeles, New York, Chicago, Dallas and Atlanta.
Tickets for the “Rhapsody” tour will go on sale on Dec. 7.
Lambert says they have been “designing a brand new visual spectacle that will reframe these iconic songs and we are excited to unveil it!” He first shared the stage with Queen during the 2009 “American Idol” final.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Review: Rolling Stones, running on attitude, reward eager Seattle crowd after 13-year wait VIEW
- Krist Novoselić finds post-Nirvana nirvana on his quiet farm and with his band Giants in the Trees
- What to catch at the inaugural THING festival, Sasquatch founder Adam Zacks' answer to mainstream megafests
- Two new movies, including ‘Bernadette,’ are set in Seattle. How well do they portray our city?
- 7 movies open Aug. 16 in the Seattle area; our reviewers weigh in
The tour follows the group’s September run in Las Vegas.