Katy Perry has announced her upcoming album will be titled “Witness” and will be released on June 9.
Perry has also announced an extensive tour of North America to promote the release.
The singer’s website says Perry’s first tour since 2015 begins Sept. 7 in Columbus, Ohio, and has dates listed through Feb. 5. Anyone who buys a ticket will receive a copy of the album. Northwest dates are Feb. 2, 2018, in Portland; Feb. 3 in Tacoma; and Feb. 5 in Vancouver, B.C.
Two singles have been released from “Witness” so far: “Chained to the Rhythm” and “Bon Appetit.” Perry hinted at the album’s name earlier this month by wearing a headpiece that spelled out the word “Witness” on the red carpet at the Met Gala.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattleite Rainn Wilson tells us about his turn as shady used car salesman Devoted Dan on AMC’s ‘Dark Winds’
- Where to see fireworks and other Fourth of July 2022 events in the Puget Sound area
- KEXP names new leader at pivotal point for Seattle's flagship radio station
- Teatro ZinZanni plans Seattle return after financial struggles
- R. Kelly sentenced to 30 years in sex trafficking case
Perry is set to perform on the season finale of “Saturday Night Live” this weekend.