NEW YORK (AP) — John Mayer has been hospitalized for an emergency appendectomy.
A representative for the Grammy-winning musician said Mayer was admitted to the hospital Tuesday morning. He had been due to perform at a concert in New Orleans with the Dead & Company, but that date has been postponed.
Tickets for that show can be used for a rescheduled date or refunded.
The 40-year-old had performed with the Dead & Company as recently as Sunday.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Eat and drink up at Bite of Seattle, with craft brews, large and small tastings, outdoor entertainment
- 5 Capitol Hill Block Party acts to watch
- Brandi Carlile launching Girls Just Wanna Weekend, a Mexico 'concert vacation' with all-female lineup
- 'The Equalizer 2': Denzel Washington is back, pummeling — and pondering WATCH
- Seattle-area music-and-nightlife events July 20-26: Capitol Hill Block Party, Sheryl Crow, and more