NEW YORK (AP) — John Mayer has been hospitalized for an emergency appendectomy.
A representative for the Grammy-winning musician said Mayer was admitted to the hospital Tuesday morning. He had been due to perform at a concert in New Orleans with the Dead & Company, but that date has been postponed.
Tickets for that show can be used for a rescheduled date or refunded.
The 40-year-old had performed with the Dead & Company as recently as Sunday.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- An ice skating trail in Safeco Field? Yep — it's coming this winter
- No rope. No gear. 3,000 feet of granite. One man's amazing feat up El Capitan. WATCH
- Showbox trial delayed after judge dismisses portion of lawsuit
- Incandescent talent of cellist Sheku Kanneh-Mason and conductor Ruth Reinhardt shine with Seattle Symphony
- Travel through time with classic fiction VIEW