Reality TV star Farrah Abraham has received backlash after putting up an Instagram picture that appeared to show her 7-year-old daughter drinking a weight-loss tea.
The post-Halloween selfie posted on Nov. 1 showed the 25-year-old star of MTV’s “Teen Mom” holding a packet of a tea she promotes next to her daughter, who appears to be drinking from a cup. In the caption she noted it was teatime for the mother and daughter “after all that candy.”
The post was quickly met with criticism from commenters. Many derided her daughter for what appeared to be a weight loss drink.
Abraham later said the picture isn’t what it looks like. She tells Us Weekly that her daughter had strawberry milk in the cup, but wanted “to take a pic like that.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Soundgarden on 30 years of ‘Badmotorfinger,’ the ‘weird science project’ that became a grunge classic
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Seattle Arts Commission co-chairs resign citing Durkan's 'lack of process' in appointing a new acting ARTS director