Join Seattle Times movie critic Moira Macdonald for the Oscars red carpet and the live awards ceremony.
Update: And this year’s Oscars are a wrap, with “Birdman” taking the top honors of best picture, director, and original screenplay. I survived five hours of live chat; here’s the rewind, below.
It’s just about that time . . . Join me here at 4 p.m. for the red carpet — or, if you just want to chat up the ceremony itself, drop by at 5:30 p.m.
Songs will be sung! Haiku will be created! Gowns will be dished! Nobody will guess the short films correctly!
Either “Boyhood” or “Birdman” will win Best Picture — maybe?
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Review: Backstreet Boys, in White River Amphitheatre show, bring back the nostalgia
- Agent: Rushdie off ventilator and talking, day after attack
- ‘The 6:20 Man’ is the top national fiction bestseller
- Actor and comedian Teddy Ray dies in Southern California
- Now streaming: 'Everything Everywhere All at Once' available on VOD, 'Black Bird' on Apple TV+ and more
Michael Keaton or Eddie Redmayne will win Best Actor — right?
Julianne Moore will get to make the speech she’s been practicing for years — for sure?
And Neil Patrick Harris will, perhaps, remind us that he is indeed a movie guy, though we last saw him naked and dead in bed in “Gone Girl.” (And WHY didn’t “Gone Girl” get a Best Picture nod? The Academy works in mysterious ways.)
Join me and we’ll chat.