The movie is scheduled to be released exactly 41 years after the first film in the franchise.
Lucasfilm on Tuesday released the first cast photo for the standalone film about Han Solo and his adventures with Chewbacca, the beloved Wookiee warrior.
Production for the highly-anticipated, still untitled film is underway, and the completed movie is expected to be released on May 25, 2018.
If it makes that goal, its release would be exactly 41 years after the first film in the franchise, “Star Wars: A New Hope.”
The photo also revealed the cast for the movie with Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo, Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian, Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca and Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke and Phoebe Waller-Bridge as supporting characters.
Suotamo, a Finnish basketball player and a huge Wookiee fan, wrote an excited letter and posted it on his Twitter account, adding a *Wookiee fist bumb* at the bottom.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle Pride Parade returns, local Pride events and more fun around Seattle
- Prosecutors seek 15 years for former 'Cheer' star Harris
- Paul McCartney wows Glastonbury with Dave Grohl and The Boss
- From vacation reads to picks for locals, Vashon Bookshop serves an island’s literary needs
- Mary Chapin Carpenter comes to Seattle, showcasing songs in full-band setting
It’s fun when people love their jobs.