BERLIN (AP) — Christian Bale says transforming himself into former Vice President Dick Cheney made him feel “like a bullfrog.”
Bale has been nominated for a best actor Oscar for his part in “Vice,” which also has best movie and best director nominations. He and director Adam McKay presented the movie Monday at the Berlin International Film Festival, where it is screening out of competition.
Asked how he felt in Cheney’s body, which required an impressive physical transformation, Bale replied: “Like a bullfrog. Or sometimes he’s been described as a walrus.”
He added: “I built up my neck so I felt like I could take anything … I just felt like a bulldozer all day long.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Mercer Island resident who was in 'Wizard of Oz' reminisces about Judy Garland and working on film
- The Head and the Heart announce free concert in Seattle
- 'After the Wedding' review: Julianne Moore, Michelle Williams lift up soapy remake WATCH
- The Head and the Heart are taking over a Seattle landmark Sunday. What inspired the free concert?
- Now streaming: 'Mission: Impossible — Fallout,' 'American Factory,' 'The Hustle'
Bale said of the role that “it’s lovely to have a challenge … it seemed almost impossible.”