BERLIN (AP) — Christian Bale says transforming himself into former Vice President Dick Cheney made him feel “like a bullfrog.”
Bale has been nominated for a best actor Oscar for his part in “Vice,” which also has best movie and best director nominations. He and director Adam McKay presented the movie Monday at the Berlin International Film Festival, where it is screening out of competition.
Asked how he felt in Cheney’s body, which required an impressive physical transformation, Bale replied: “Like a bullfrog. Or sometimes he’s been described as a walrus.”
He added: “I built up my neck so I felt like I could take anything … I just felt like a bulldozer all day long.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- This Sequim-based musician made the Billboard charts with help from a burning piano and dramatic YouTube videos
- Review: Rolling Stones, running on attitude, reward eager Seattle crowd after 13-year wait VIEW
- Krist Novoselić finds post-Nirvana nirvana on his quiet farm and with his band Giants in the Trees
- What to catch at the inaugural THING festival, Sasquatch founder Adam Zacks' answer to mainstream megafests
- Two new movies, including ‘Bernadette,’ are set in Seattle. How well do they portray our city?
Bale said of the role that “it’s lovely to have a challenge … it seemed almost impossible.”