The votes are in for the P & P made-in-Seattle movie poll (and yes, I’m sorry about missing “Cinderella Liberty,” “The Slender Thread,” and a few others; let’s just call this the Made-in-Seattle-After-Around-1980 Movie Poll), and the overwhelming winner is . . .
“Sleepless in Seattle,” with almost 40 percent of more than 1800 votes.
- “Singles” had a strong showing, with about 27 percent, followed in order by:
- “Say Anything”
- “The Fabulous Baker Boys” (my fave)
- “Safety Not Guaranteed”
“Sleepless in Seattle” isn’t one of my very favorite rom-coms, but I’ll admit that it definitely plucks at the heartstrings.
Here’s my “S in S” story: I once watched it on a plane, while flying from Seattle to New York for a romantic tryst with someone I’d been missing very much, and I cried so hard at the ending that the person next to me looked up from his kosher meal to ask if I was all right.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Trevor Noah Announces He Will Leave ‘The Daily Show’
- What to do in Seattle this week: Great Pumpkin Beer Festival, fall cooking
- Trevor Noah will depart ‘The Daily Show’ after seven years as host: ‘My time is up’
- Billy Burke, of 'Twilight' fame, stars in ‘Fire Country’ on CBS
- 'Gangsta's Paradise' rapper Coolio dies at age 59
So yes, this movie works. For everyone who knows and loves it, here’s its perfectly sweet ending.
And a very romantic weekend to all of you, sleepless or otherwise.