NEW YORK (AP) — If you haven’t been picked for Miss USA this year, don’t throw away your swimsuit. The beauty contest is turning to the public to find a wild-card contestant.
The Miss Universe Organization said Wednesday it will conduct an online search for a candidate to join the 51 contestants from all 50 states and the District of Columbia for the live June 5 telecast on Fox.
To be considered, hopefuls should post three photos or videos on Instagram and Twitter using the hashtag #FindingMiss52 and explain why they would be a worthy candidate.
A panel will then select 10 finalists based on creativity, personality and a web interview. Fans can weigh in beginning on May 10 by voting on Twitter or at the Miss USA site.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- Now streaming: sci-fi epic 'Foundation,' 'The Wonder Years' revival, 'F9' and more