The Beach Boys founding member announced a slew of new dates, including a return to the Paramount Theatre on April 9, 2017.
If you missed your chance to see Brian Wilson perform “Pet Sounds” this past weekend, you’re in luck. The Beach Boys founding member announced a slew of new dates, including a return to the Paramount Theatre on April 9, 2017.
The “Pet Sounds: The Final Performances” tour celebrates the 50th Anniversary of the iconic album that’s been critically lauded and has become a fan favorite.
Tickets cost $51-$121 and will go on sale at 10 a.m Friday, Oct. 14 via Ticketmaster.
In a review of the Oct. 9, 2016 sold-out show at the Paramount Charles Cross wrote: “Wilson struggled to hit the notes he first sang a half-century ago. That battle, and perhaps all of Wilson’s battles — even with sanity, at times — made the song and the moment feel even more vulnerable. It was a flawed performance of a flawless song.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Top 10 Seattle music events for fall 2019, from Lana Del Rey to The Who
- Why go to the theater? It's inconvenient. It can be uncomfortable. And here's why I love it.
- 9 Seattle-area art experiences you won't want to miss this fall
- 7 best bets for theater in fall 2019 in the Seattle area
- Cellphone use during a movie. Clanking ice at a show. What should we do about annoying audience behavior?
It earned the first, but not the last, standing ovation of the night. The ovation was as much for Wilson’s very act of creation as for anything that happened on stage.”