Johnny Miller’s final broadcast as NBC’s golf analyst will be during the third round of the Phoenix Open.
The network said Wednesday that it will honor Miller during the Feb. 2 broadcast since the final round on Feb. 3 is about crowning a champion. The final round is on the same day as the Super Bowl.
Miller, who announced his retirement in September, has been NBC’s lead analyst since 1990 and has worked with announcer Dan Hicks since 2000. The Hicks-Miller duo holds the record for the longest-tenured 18th tower tandem in broadcast golf.
Paul Azinger will replace Miller as the network’s lead analyst. He will call the final round in Phoenix and will work his first full tournament Feb. 21-24 at the WGC-Mexico Championship.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Amor Towles follows 2 brothers on an epic road trip in fine new novel ‘The Lincoln Highway’
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location