LOS ANGELES (AP) — The TV reign of “Tyrant” is at an end on FX.
The drama’s run will wrap with its third-season finale, FX said Wednesday — just hours before the episode was to air at 10 p.m. EDT.
“Tyrant” followed an American family that’s become enmeshed in the tumultuous politics of a Middle Eastern country.
In a statement, Fox 21 Television Studios President Bert Salke called the show a “gem” and said the studio is eager to keep producing it.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Former Washington resident Stephanie Land's bestselling memoir inspires Netflix series 'Maid'
- 'SNL' returning with all but one incumbent cast member
- R&B superstar R. Kelly convicted in sex trafficking trial
- Meet the outspoken Puget Sound resident on CBS' 'Tough as Nails'
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location
But if “Tyrant” fails to find another home, he said, this week’s episode will prove a “satisfying” end to the series.