PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — Michelle Williams is returning to television for the first time in 16 years, playing dancer and actress Gwen Verdon whose career aspirations were supplanted by her marriage to choreographer-director Bob Fosse.
Oscar winner Sam Rockwell plays Fosse in the eight-episode FX series “Fosse/Verdon,” debuting April 9.
Williams’ last TV work was the hit series “Dawson’s Creek” that ended in 2003.
She sees parallels with Verdon, who was a working mother like Williams.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
- 'A big gray elephant': Paris' Arc de Triomphe is wrapped up
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Netflix's 'The Queen's Gambit' said the first female grandmaster 'never faced men.' Now she's suing.
Williams pointed out a long gap in Verdon’s career while she stayed home to raise Nicole, her daughter with Fosse. Nicole Fosse is a creative consultant on the series.
Williams told a TV critics’ meeting on Monday that such gaps are something all working mothers struggle with and something invariably suffers. She called it “a very complicated dilemma.”