NEW YORK (AP) — Metallica has put down its guitars and picked up toy instruments for a rendition of “Enter Sandman” alongside Jimmy Fallon and The Roots.
The heavy metal quartet took part in one of Fallon’s signature “Tonight Show” bits during Wednesday night’s program, performing one of their biggest hits with the help of a toy keyboard, a xylophone and a kazoo.
Metallica joins Adele, Mariah Carey, Madonna and other performers in reworking a hit for a classroom version on Fallon’s show.
The band is promoting its latest album, “Hardwired…to Self-Destruct,” which is set for release Friday.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Now streaming: sci-fi epic 'Foundation,' 'The Wonder Years' revival, 'F9' and more
- Better Business Bureau warns consumers about upcoming Van Gogh event in Seattle
- Beloved 'Sex and the City' actor Willie Garson dies at 57