NEW YORK (AP) — Former “Friends” star Matthew Perry will play Ted Kennedy in the forthcoming miniseries “The Kennedys — After Camelot.”
Reelz cable channel on Tuesday announced his casting for the four-hour project, a follow-up to the miniseries “The Kennedys.” The new film will begin production in May, to air in spring 2017.
Perry portrays Ted Kennedy in the years following the assassinations of his brothers Jack and Bobby as he tries to continue the Kennedy legacy.
Katie Holmes will reprise her role as Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis from “The Kennedys,” which aired on Reelz in 2011.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Fall Arts 2021 | Your guide to the Seattle area’s most interesting shows, concerts, exhibits and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- Meet the Seattle-area flight attendant competing on this season of 'Survivor'
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- NY millionaire Robert Durst guilty of best friend’s murder
Perry, who starred for a decade in the comedy “Friends,” is currently appearing on the London stage in his playwriting debut, “The End of Longing.” His CBS sitcom, “The Odd Couple,” begins its second season in April.