NEW YORK (AP) — Mariah Carey is getting into full diva mode for the holidays: She’s the first act announced for next month’s “VH1 Divas Holiday: Unsilent Night” concert special.
Carey, whose “All I Want for Christmas” is one of the most listened-to holiday songs of all-time, will perform at the event that tapes on Dec. 2 at the Kings Theatre in New York. The TV special will air on VH1 on Dec. 5.
Additional performers will be announced at a later day.
The event will mark the third time Carey has performed at a “VH1 Divas” event, which is returning after a four-year break. The pop star said in a statement Thursday she’s “thrilled” to perform for her fans and called the holiday season her “favorite and most festive time of year.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Former Washington resident Stephanie Land's bestselling memoir inspires Netflix series 'Maid'
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town
- Seattle rapper Raz Simone threw a pop-up, drive-in concert at a Seattle Center parking lot. Here's how it went.
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle though still no location