BERLIN (AP) — Police in Germany are appealing for help in finding a valuable ceramic jug made by Pablo Picasso, after its owner lost it on a train.
Federal police said Tuesday that the 76-year-old man forgot the jug featuring Picasso’s famous owl motif when he changed trains in the western city of Hamm on Feb. 15.
Police said the white, black and blue jug was made in Picasso’s workshop in Madoura, France, in 1953, and is worth at least 10,000 euros ($11,355).
Train crew was alerted to the loss immediately but the jug remains missing.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival