"Lullaby Moon XII" is the last in a series of outdoor multimedia extravaganzas in Seattle that started last October. Timed to coincide with the beginning of each lunar cycle, the festivities include dance, music and pageantry.
The invitation promises horse-drawn carriages, “multiplying bunnies,” an abundance of clocks and cats and, by evening’s close, the arrival of a much-awaited “swan queen.” And it’s open to anyone who can make their way to Magnuson Park Saturday night.
“Lullaby Moon XII” is the last in a series of outdoor multimedia extravaganzas that started last October. Timed to coincide with the beginning of each lunar cycle, the festivities include dance, music and pageantry.
Choreographers Mark Haim, Karn Junkinsmith, Olivier Wevers, Guy Caridi and Jenna Bean Veatch are contributing artists. Human-jazz performer Christian Swenson will appear as “Father Clock,” while musical direction will be handled by Holly Eckert and Matt Goodrich.
The whole series is the invention of performer Lucia Neare who dubs it “a yearlong invitation to Seattle to explore a world of dream.” She counts P.T. Barnum, Busby Berkeley and Dr. Seuss among her influences. The events are deliberately large, she says on her Web site, “not for grandeur or spectacle, but to awaken wonder in an audience accustomed to staring at tiny screens and inanimate boxes.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Now streaming: 'Coming 2 America,' 'Raya and the Last Dragon,' 'Ammonite,' 'Moxie' and more
- Exhibit of iconic Jacob Lawrence series, reunited for first time since 1958, opens at Seattle Art Museum
- Prince Harry: Split from royal life 'unbelievably tough'
- 'Trial by Fire' review: Death-row story is true and awful, but the movie never makes a case for itself to exist
- Michelle Obama celebrates Dr. Seuss' birthday by reading to kids
Those attending are requested to wear white and advised to bring sleeping bags or blankets to keep warm. The main event, whatever it may be, is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. For more information, go to lucianeare.org.
Michael Upchurch: firstname.lastname@example.org