Grammy-Award winning singer-songwriter Lorde will bring her “Melodrama” tour to KeyArena on March 9, 2018. Lorde, who had a breakout No. 1 hit with the single “Royals” in 2013, released her sophomore album, “Melodrama,” this year.
Openers will be Run the Jewels, the politically charged hip-hop group featuring rapper/producer El-P and rapper Killer Mike. The duo was vocal in its support for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and Sanders introduced the group before it performed at The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in 2016.
Released in March, Lorde’s “Melodrama” album reached No. 1 on Billboard’s 200 charts with the first single “Team” reaching No. 6.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 'It's a sad day in Seattle': Hopper painting, others once promised to SAM, sold at skyscraping prices
- Seattle high-school teacher shares 'the wonder of books' with students on a different kind of field trip VIEW
- 'Widows,' 'Fantastic Beasts' sequel and more open Nov. 16; our reviewers weigh in
- Art Outings: 2 Seattle Times writers experience (and sometimes endure) the dinner and antics of Teatro ZinZanni VIEW
- Multimillion-dollar art collection, once promised to SAM, now up for auction at Christie's VIEW
Also performing will be Swedish singer Tove Styrke.
Tickets, which cost $35.50-$95.50, will go on sale at 10 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 6 via Ticketmaster.com.