Grammy-Award winning singer-songwriter Lorde will bring her “Melodrama” tour to KeyArena on March 9, 2018. Lorde, who had a breakout No. 1 hit with the single “Royals” in 2013, released her sophomore album, “Melodrama,” this year.
Openers will be Run the Jewels, the politically charged hip-hop group featuring rapper/producer El-P and rapper Killer Mike. The duo was vocal in its support for Bernie Sanders in the 2016 U.S. presidential election and Sanders introduced the group before it performed at The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival in 2016.
Released in March, Lorde’s “Melodrama” album reached No. 1 on Billboard’s 200 charts with the first single “Team” reaching No. 6.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Looking to learn more about race in America? UW professor emeritus Charles Johnson picks 4 books.
- Seattle director Lynn Shelton's legacy lives on in the movies, people and Northwest film industry she led and nurtured
- New on Amazon in June 2020: hijacking thriller '7500,' 'Knives Out,' 'Regular Heroes'
- Drive-in theaters in Western Washington are open again — under certain restrictions to slow coronavirus spread
- Washington's stacked COVID-19 relief concert postponed to honor ongoing protests
Also performing will be Swedish singer Tove Styrke.
Tickets, which cost $35.50-$95.50, will go on sale at 10 a.m. on Friday, Oct. 6 via Ticketmaster.com.