NEW YORK (AP) — “Sesame Street” characters Bob, Gordon and Luis aren’t going away.
The children’s show said that actor Bob McGrath, part of the original cast in 1969, and Emilio Delgado, who plays Luis the handyman, last performed in episodes taped in 2013.
Roscoe Orman, who has played original character Gordon since 1974, filmed new appearances for the current season of the show, which, beginning this year, is airing on HBO as well as on PBS.
McGrath, 84, said on a podcast earlier this month that since the move to HBO “they let all of the original cast members go.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- That magic moment 30 years ago when Nirvana and ‘Nevermind’ forever changed Seattle
- Delayed Van Gogh show gets a new opening date in Seattle
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Joie Des Livres brings life and culture to Seabrook, a tiny, new Olympic Peninsula beach town
A spokeswoman for the show said Thursday that all three would continue to appear on the show. She also made clear that HBO has nothing to do with the production of the show.