It’s official (wink, wink): King County Executive Dow Constantine has declared Friday, Feb. 5 as “International Clash Day,” and to honor it KEXP will be programming 12 hours of music dedicated to the UK punk legends starting at 6 a.m.
KEXP’s DJ John Richards started the idea back in 2013 when he determined that one Clash song was not enough.
“International Clash Day was created because of our love of great music, the rebellious nature of the band, the insane catalog to play from and because there really was nothing else going on that day,” Richards said.
Along with the band’s music the station will be playing rarities, side projects and will have an exclusive interview with filmmaker Julien Temple, director of the documentary “Joe Strummer: The Future is Unwritten.”
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- An ice skating trail in Safeco Field? Yep — it's coming this winter
- 'Beautiful Boy': an honest look at an ugly addiction WATCH
- 'Come From Away' at 5th Avenue Theatre is openhearted and exhilarating
- Remember cellist Sheku Kanneh-Mason from the royal wedding? He's playing with Seattle Symphony this week
- 'Halloween': 'Pure evil' is back in wickedly smart, effective sequel WATCH