LOS ANGELES (AP) — Alexander Hamilton is coming to “Saturday Night Live.”
NBC said Wednesday that Lin-Manuel Miranda will host “SNL” on Oct. 8. Miranda created and starred in the Broadway sensation about the first U.S. treasury secretary.
Twenty One Pilots duo Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun will be the show’s musical guests.
“SNL” opens its 42nd season this weekend with host Margot Robbie and music from The Weeknd.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- The mystery of the missing Van Gogh show: Seattle ticket holders' frustration grows
- 'East of the Mountains' review: Tom Skerritt shines as an ill man journeying home from Seattle
- Now streaming: sci-fi epic 'Foundation,' 'The Wonder Years' revival, 'F9' and more
- Better Business Bureau warns consumers about upcoming Van Gogh event in Seattle
- Beloved 'Sex and the City' actor Willie Garson dies at 57
Miranda has a bit more time on his hands: He wrapped his run in the Pulitzer Prize-winning musical “Hamilton” in July. He will star opposite Emily Blunt in Disney’s sequel to “Mary Poppins” and he wrote music for the upcoming “Moana,” an animated film with a Polynesian princess at its heart.