NEW YORK (AP) — The library community also loved David Bowie.
The American Library Association told The Associated Press on Wednesday that it has reissued a popular Bowie READ poster from 1987, part of the association’s program of using celebrities to promote literacy. The $18 poster shows the rock star in school gear, jeans and a lettered jacket, and ever in motion as he holds a copy of Dostoevsky’s “The Idiot.” Bowie, an avid reader, died last month at 69.
Others who have posed for READ posters include Bill Gates, Orlando Bloom and Seth Meyers.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- Seattle native Jean Smart wins Emmy Award for lead actress in a comedy
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- How John Coltrane's Seattle recording of 'A Love Supreme' was found, thanks to 2 local saxophonists
- List of Emmy winners includes Jean Smart, 'Ted Lasso' actors
- AP PHOTOS: Elegance and whimsy mix at Venice Film Festival
This story corrects website address to www.alastore.ala.org/ from www.alastore.org.