NEW YORK (AP) — Tony Award-winner Lena Hall will join “Hedwig and the Angry Inch” on tour in San Francisco and Los Angeles. And there’s also a twist — at some shows she’ll play Hedwig.
Hall, who won a featured actress Tony as Yitzhak on Broadway, will return to the role opposite Darren Criss’ Hedwig at the SHN Golden Gate Theatre in San Francisco from Oct. 2-30 and the Hollywood Pantages Theatre in Los Angeles from Nov. 1-27.
But Hall will play Hedwig in San Francisco on Oct. 9, Oct. 12, Oct. 19 and Oct. 26. In Los Angeles, she’ll play Hedwig on Nov. 6, Nov. 13, Nov. 20 and Nov. 25.
The show is about an East German transsexual seeking love and stardom backed by a retro glam-rock band.
Most Read Entertainment Stories
- 10 movies to look forward to in fall 2021
- Exciting new art exhibitions are coming to the Seattle area in fall 2021. Here's what to see
- Now streaming: 'Y: The Last Man,' 'The Lost Symbol,' 'The Boss Baby' sequel and more
- Judge cancels Rod Stewart's trial, sets plea deal hearing
- 16 of the hottest shows to catch in Seattle's stacked fall 2021 concert calendar